When it comes to HMD and updating its smartphones, even the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic cannot stop that. This month alone, HMD has rollout out updated to Nokia 3.2, Nokia 4.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 2.3, and now it is the turn for the entry-level smartphone, Nokia 1 plus to receive the updates.
HMD Global, Chief Product officer, Juho Sarvikas, through his Twitter account, has revealed that Nokia 1 plus is now receiving Android 10 update. However, due to its small storage capacity, the device will receive the “Go” variant of Android 10 that comes with optimized apps and some reduced features.
Key features of Android 10
· Dark Mode – this will be available on the entire system, making it easier on your eyes
· Smart Replies – this will be available on all messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc. Also, 65 new emojis come in this new OS.
· Incognito mode for Google Maps – Maps gains a private-search mode, you can now search for and navigate places without having data saved and linked back to you.
· Focus mode – This a Digital Wellbeing tool that helps users focus without distraction. You select apps that you want to avoid using during a period of time.
· New Gesture Navigation – Gestures are now quicker and more intuitive than ever. Go backwards and forwards, pull up the home screen and swipe up to see your open apps.
· New Privacy Controls and enhanced location settings – enabling users to have more control over the data they share with apps.
· Live Caption – With a single tap, Live Caption automatically captions videos, podcasts and audio messages, even things you record yourself. Without ever needing WiFi or mobile data.
· Security Updates – In Android 10, you’ll get faster security updates easier. Important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So you get these fixes as soon as they are available.